We hope all of our academy players and families are ready for tennis this summer! Each year we try to bring something new and exciting to the academy. This year, we’ve seen our summer camp sell out and we’re now 100% officially booked for private lessons the entire summer. So here’s how we’re celebrating…
We’ve made two major purchases for this summer’s tennis programs.
Robotic Camera System
We’ve invested in a Soloshot robotic camera system to film high speed video for both evaluations and for training purposes. This will also be used to film outdoor matches. Coach Staley is a big believer in the benefits of being able to break down and evaluate technique and strategy through the use of high speed video. So this will become a highly utilized new addition at the academy starting this summer. Recordings will also be available to families as a keepsake, and to monitor their child’s development in the sport.
Commercial Ball Machine
With the introduction of weekly hitting sessions for every summer camper, the academy has ordered a new Phenom commercial ball machine. This acquisition will be used in players’ hitting sessions so that they can work on fundamentals taught in private lessons. This will help our academy players to get in the necessary reps to improve their skillsets.
- Summer Camp invoices due May 1st (today) unless alternate payment arrangements have been made. Check on your current invoices in our client area.
- Player evaluations begin this month.
- Hitting sessions will be scheduled in the next week.
- Summer programming begins June 3rd.
- Check your schedules in our Aces app! This should be updated with private lessons and class schedules for each player. Evals and hitting sessions will be added soon. If you need to report any change requests in your schedules, please do so ASAP.
Thanks to everyone for their continued support and for your commitment in helping us to elevate the sport of tennis in the surrounding area!