A WELCOME AND A THANK YOU!
First off, I wanted to thank everyone for being part of our Fast4 Tennis League. Welcome to the league! In this summer league, we’re going to set the foundation for local competition in our sport. This will be a short 2-month league, of both competitive and friendly competition.
While I’d have loved to see more commitment from our community and outside programs, the many coaches and parents I’ve contacted will be watching how the league performs and I have had many verbal commitments from within and outside our community (as well as possible sponsors) to grow the Fast4 competition as a bigger summer league next year. So all great things start out small, and I’m glad every one of you are now involved in the very beginning.
REGISTRATION ENDS MONDAY, MAY 27, 2019
Currently, you can find out who has registered for this summer’s Fast4 League by clicking HERE. Please help spread the word, so we can grow the number of teams in this league. If you have a fellow player you’d like to see competing in this league, or possibly as your teammate, please make sure they register by the deadline. Registration is $60 per player and can be done online at this link.
DRAFT IS SCHEDULED FRIDAY MAY 31, 2019
On Friday, May 31st, we will randomly draw from half the registered players not assigned partners and also to see who gets to claim which team. There are 12 potential teams in the league…
If you and your chosen partner are already registered and would like to link together as one of the teams, please contact the league coordinator (Shane Staley) by text at 574-551-3194 and let us know you have formed a team no later than May 30, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST. Afterwards, if no partner is assigned, you will be placed in the draft.
Fast4 matches will be played on Saturdays between the hours of 10AM and 4PM. They will last 2 hours (1 hours for singles and 1 hour for doubles). Here are the general dates and times your matches will be scheduled:
Once the draft is finished and teams are organized, we will release specific team schedules and these will also be added in our Aces app for each player.
If you can’t play during your match (and please limit changes to major conflicts, not trivial ones). In others words, please attempt to prioritize your league commitment so that other players and teams can also get the most out of it and we’re not continually dealing with schedule changes and conflicts.
If you have conflicts with your match schedule, please contact me via text and report the conflict ASAP. As league coordinator, I will then arrange court time for you to play the match at an earlier time/date. I will gladly work around fall/winter school sports schedules.
Download the FAST4-Tennis-Information-Sheet. Pay attention to how power plays work, as this is often forgotten in match play. Each match will be best two out of three Fast4 sets with the third set being a Fast4 tiebreaker. These will be limited to 1 hour for singles, 1 hour for doubles. Final scores are reported on completion of best of three sets or upon time limits.
- League Coordinator: Shane Staley, (574) 551-3194. Please call or text with questions.
- Teams consist of two high school players entering grades 9-12 in the fall.
- Each team will play one match per week. Each match will last a maximum of 2 hours.
- All matches must be played at the North Webster Community Center / Staley Tennis Academy Courts. No exceptions.
- In case of inclement weather or scheduling conflicts, matches can be rescheduled through the league coordinator). All scheduling changes need to go through and be approved by league coordinator.
- Matches consist of FAST4 Format (best of 3 sets—Fast4 tiebreaker if 3rd set is needed).
- Each player will play a singles match and a doubles match (with teammate) which will comprise of each team match.
- Matches will be timed events, lasting two hours (one-hour for singles, one-hour for doubles). If tied at end of regulation, a tiebreaker will occur.
- Each team will have their own team page, player pages, schedules and results posted online on this site.
- New balls will be furnished each match by Staley Tennis Academy. Winning team in league will be awarded matching trophies.
- A league coordinator or a representative will be in attendance for each match for guidance, coin flip and rules enforcement and to collect final scores.
- Have fun, practice good sportsmanship and let’s make this league experience fun and entertaining for everyone.
Also, please help us spread the word on this league, get more players involved and to grow interest towards continuing it next summer!!!!