We have 2 more slots left in our summer high school prep program for junior high girls. Our first session was Wednesday and I’m looking forward to having my summer teams being developed.
This is the 3rd year I’ve run this program and continue to refine and develop the activities to make it an even better program. The big change this year is that we’ll be dividing the group up into two teams who will have an official match on August 9th (their second to last session this summer). Scorecards, introductions, warmups…the whole high school experience!
Here’s a brief rundown of each week’s planned sessions (it’s important that we get those last two slots filled so that each player doesn’t miss too many sessions before the official match):
- Day 1: Forehands (June 7, 2017)
- Day 2: Backhands (June 14, 2017)
- Day 3: Serving (June 21, 2017)
- Day 4: Net Play / Returns (June 28, 2017)
- Day 5: Footwork (July 12, 2017)
- Day 6: Refresher Drills (July 19, 2017)
- Day 7: Singles Competition (July 26, 2017)
- Day 8: Doubles Competition (August 2, 2017)
- Day 9: Team Competition—Official Match (August 9, 2017)
- Day 10: Wrap-up Fun / Favorite Drills (August 16, 2017)
We’ll be covering much more than just the main subjects during these hour and a half sessions. I’ve planned more than 30 unique drills (many of them brand new to the program this year) during the 10-week program.
Shane Staley is the founder of Staley Tennis and a USPTA-certified trainer, Accredited Professional Coach and instructor.