What You May Have Missed
Although the academy won’t officially open until June of 2018, we’ve already managed to hit the ground running. We’ve just finished winterization of the academy courts as we’ve officially closed down for the winter months and Coach Staley is now teaching at various indoor locations before he returns in June for the grand opening of his academy in its first full year. So we felt it was a good time to reflect on the early successes we’ve had this year, as we’ve been active this past summer and fall first at Wawasee’s tennis facility and then in August at the private training facility in North Webster.
Since June 1st, here is some of what we’ve been involved in:
- 311 private lessons given!!!
- 56 players trained
- Another successful 10 and under camp launched with LYC
- A sold-out summer and fall middle school program
- Fast4 and Middle School Leagues formed (foundation for summer leagues beginning in 2018)
- and several other community programs launched
This fall, Coach Staley has also been developing and testing out 2 new courses he’ll begin teaching in 2018: a 5-day doubles boot camp and a 5-day singles strategy course.
A nice start.
Benefits of Getting Involved With Our Academy
No Membership Required: Our academy doesn’t require a paid membership. Programs and lessons are available to everyone. So no monthly or annual costs.
Low Cost Certified Professional Training: Coach Staley’s mission with the academy is to keep costs as low as possible to encourage growth of an important life-sport. To get kids active in tennis and promote competitive development. Most pros charge $50-$75+ per hour for private lessons. This makes it difficult for most families to afford to learn tennis the right way. The base cost of 1-on-1 private lessons here are currently $30 and there are additional discounts available to players who take part in our various programs.
If we continue to see so many new players involved here, the numbers will allow us to keep prices more affordable, so please help spread the word about this academy to anyone passionate about the sport of tennis.
First we’d like to thank everyone who took part in programs and private lessons this summer and fall. It was great to see so much growth and development in the sport. It was clearly an amazingly positive first-step in introducing the sport of tennis and enriching the culture of the sport around the area.
Also, big thanks to:
- NWCC and Its Board of Directors (for its partnership and belief in the project)
- Tippecanoe Township Board (For donation of the bleachers framework)
- Ace Hardware of North Webster (For donations and supplying the lumber to renovate the bleachers)
- Polywood of Syracuse (for donation of a court bench)
- Lakeland Youth Center (for partnership in running their 10-and-under camp)
We will see everyone in 2018 when the academy officially launches. Meanwhile, lots of news, program updates, articles and tips will be posted throughout the offseason, so please make sure you’re signed up for our weekly newsletter!