2021 Teams Are Now Forming!!!
Players for 2021 adult and junior leagues wanted! Please contact us if you’re interested! Fast4 Tennis is a fun, shortened way to play tennis. No teammate or team name? No problem! A teammate can either be assigned to you through our draft or reported by you before the start of each season.
|2020||Slice Girls||Pierson Wellington|
2020 FAST4 LEAGUE
|1||Dare Doubles |
(H. Babb / C. LeCount)
(P. Wellington / I. Stahly)
(J. Harper / K. Farrington)
(Z. Keim / D. Kuhn)
(J. Bowsher / N. Harper)
All 2021 matches will be played at Wawasee High School on Wednesday nights from 6-9PM EST on the following dates:
- June 2, 2021
- June 9, 2021
- June 16, 2021
- June 23, 2021
- June 30, 2021
- July 7, 2021
- July 14, 2021
- July 21, 2021
- July 28, 2021
- League Coordinator: Shane Staley, (574) 551-3194. Please call or text with questions.
- Teams consist of two junior players (ages 11-18).
- Each team will play one match per week (on average).
- Each match will consist of teammates playing one singles match separately and a doubles match together.
- Matches will be UTR verified and cost $15 each week.
- All matches will be played at Wawasee High School in Syracuse on select Wednesdays from 6-9PM.
- Match outcomes will be based on points, not wins.
- Handicap points will be introduced for the 2020 season based on the difference of total team UTR. Check out the points and handicap section of this page to see how this works.
- In case of inclement weather or scheduling conflicts, matches can be rescheduled through the league coordinator. All scheduling changes need to go through and be approved by league coordinator.
- Matches consist of FAST4 Format (best of 3 sets—Fast4 tiebreaker if 3rd set is needed).
- New balls will be furnished each match by Staley Tennis Club. Winning team in league will be awarded matching trophies.
- A league coordinator or a representative will be in attendance for each match for guidance, coin flip and rules enforcement and to collect final scores.
- Have fun, practice good sportsmanship and let’s make this league experience fun and entertaining for everyone.
Points & Handicap
Standings will be based on the number of points each team has, not the number of wins. Here is a breakdown of the standard points system:
- 1 point for each game won (singles and doubles)
- 5 points for each individual match won (singles #1, singles #2 and doubles)
- 10 points for the overall team win (which team wins the best of 3 match)
Handicap points are based on the difference between total combined team UTRs and given as a bonus for games won to the underdog players/team.
Player 1: 2.21 UTR
Player 2: 1.00 UTR
Total Team UTR=3.21
Player 1: 3.55 UTR
Player 2: 3.26 UTR
Total Team UTR=6.81
During this match, team A will earn a handicap of 3.60 which is the difference between total UTRs of both teams.
Handicap is added to the games won during the team match. So for each game Team A wins, they’ll receive a bonus of 3.6 points. For each game Team B wins, they’ll receive the standard 1 point.
Match Example #1:
Team B player wins 4-2, 4-2
(Team B would earn 13 points, Team A would earn 4 points by standard scoring; in addition, Team A would earn a handicap of 3.6×4 games won, so an additional 14.4 points. So the score from this match would be Team A: 18.4 pts., Team B: 13 pts.)
Team B Player wins 4-1, 4-1
(Team B would earn 13 points, Team A would earn 2 points by standard scoring; in addition, Team A would earn a handicap of 3.6×2 games won, so an additional 7.2 points. So the score would be Team B 13 pts., Team A 9.2 pts.)
Team B wins 4-0, 4-2
(Team B would again earn 13 points, Team A would earn 2 points by standard scoring; in addition, Team A would earn a handicap of 3.6×2 games won, so an additional 7.2 points. So the score total for the doubles match would be Team B 13 pts., Team A 9.2 pts.)
During this match, Team B won each match by regular scoring, so the team match was won 3-0 which earns Team B another 10 points per standard scoring.
Team B: 49
Team A: 36.8
2019 FAST 4 LEAGUE—FINAL STANDINGS
(J. Bowsher / N. Harper)
(J. Gibbons / H. Babb / S. Merriman)
(T. Fiedeke / C. Firestone / J. Harper)
(K. Farrington / K. Harper / R. Firestone)