2021 Teams Are Now Forming!!!
Players for 2021 adult and junior leagues wanted! Please contact us if you’re interested! Fast4 Tennis is a fun, shortened way to play tennis. No teammate or team name? No problem! A teammate can either be assigned to you through our draft or reported by you before the start of each season.
|2020||Slice Girls||Pierson Wellington|
2020 FAST4 LEAGUE
|1||Dare Doubles |
(H. Babb / C. LeCount)
(P. Wellington / I. Stahly)
(J. Harper / K. Farrington)
(Z. Keim / D. Kuhn)
(J. Bowsher / N. Harper)
2021 Schedule TBA
- League Coordinator: Shane Staley, (574) 551-3194. Please call or text with questions.
- Teams consist of two junior players (ages 11-18).
- Players must be currently registered for Staley Tennis Club. If not, please join before registering.
- Each team will play one match per week (on average).
- Each match will consist of teammates playing one singles match separately and a doubles match together.
- Matches will be UTR verified and cost $15 each week to register (UTR Power Subscribers can register for $5 each week! If you want to upgrade your UTR subscription to Power, contact us for a link and discount).
- All matches will be played at Staley Tennis Academy Courts in North Webster or Wawasee High School in Syracuse on select Wednesday, Friday or Sunday nights from 5-9PM.
- Match outcomes will be based on points, not wins.
- Handicap points will be introduced for the 2020 season based on the difference of total team UTR. Check out the points tab above to see how this works.
- In case of inclement weather or scheduling conflicts, matches can be rescheduled through the league coordinator. All scheduling changes need to go through and be approved by league coordinator.
- Matches consist of FAST4 Format (best of 3 sets—Fast4 tiebreaker if 3rd set is needed).
- Each team will have their own team page, player pages, schedules and results posted online on this site.
- New balls will be furnished each match by Staley Tennis Club. Winning team in league will be awarded matching trophies.
- A league coordinator or a representative will be in attendance for each match for guidance, coin flip and rules enforcement and to collect final scores.
- Have fun, practice good sportsmanship and let’s make this league experience fun and entertaining for everyone.
Points & Handicap
Standings will be based on the number of points each team has, not the number of wins. Here is a breakdown of the standard points system:
- 1 point for each game won (singles and doubles)
- 5 points for each individual match won (singles #1, singles #2 and doubles)
- 10 points for the overall team win (which team wins the best of 3 match)
Handicap points are based on the difference between total combined team UTRs and given as a bonus for games won to the underdog players/team.
Player 1: 2.21 UTR
Player 2: 1.00 UTR
Total Team UTR=3.21
Player 1: 3.55 UTR
Player 2: 3.26 UTR
Total Team UTR=6.81
During this match, team A will earn a handicap of 3.60 which is the difference between total UTRs of both teams.
Handicap is added to the games won during the team match. So for each game Team A wins, they’ll receive a bonus of 3.6 points. For each game Team B wins, they’ll receive the standard 1 point.
Match Example #1:
Team B player wins 4-2, 4-2
(Team B would earn 13 points, Team A would earn 4 points by standard scoring; in addition, Team A would earn a handicap of 3.6×4 games won, so an additional 14.4 points. So the score from this match would be Team A: 18.4 pts., Team B: 13 pts.)
Team B Player wins 4-1, 4-1
(Team B would earn 13 points, Team A would earn 2 points by standard scoring; in addition, Team A would earn a handicap of 3.6×2 games won, so an additional 7.2 points. So the score would be Team B 13 pts., Team A 9.2 pts.)
Team B wins 4-0, 4-2
(Team B would again earn 13 points, Team A would earn 2 points by standard scoring; in addition, Team A would earn a handicap of 3.6×2 games won, so an additional 7.2 points. So the score total for the doubles match would be Team B 13 pts., Team A 9.2 pts.)
During this match, Team B won each match by regular scoring, so the team match was won 3-0 which earns Team B another 10 points per standard scoring.
Team B: 49
Team A: 36.8
2019 FAST 4 LEAGUE—FINAL STANDINGS
(J. Bowsher / N. Harper)
(J. Gibbons / H. Babb / S. Merriman)
(T. Fiedeke / C. Firestone / J. Harper)
(K. Farrington / K. Harper / R. Firestone)