Our challenger series is a ladder system where each week you will play another academy player or mentor within your skill rung. Move up your rung of the ladder to challenge the next rung and earn points for each match you play, each game you win.
The Challenger Series promotes match play between junior academy players and mentors. Each week the coordinator will issue set challenge matches that should be completed by the following Sunday when new challenges are issued.
Every match you play you will earn points toward the trophy. The more matches you play, the more points you can receive.
After your 2nd weekly challenge is issued, you can issue additional weekly challenges to other players in your rung of the ladder. Once you climb to the top of your rung, you can challenge the bottom player of the next rung to move up into a higher rung.
To promote play against multiple competitors, you cannot challenge a player twice until you have issued challenges to every other player in your current rung.
Players who are challenged can accept or decline the challenges. But everyone must play their weekly match set up by the coordinator. When matches are created or challenges submitted, all players or their contacts will receive a group text notification which includes the league coordinator. Players can then post within this group text to find times to play so that the coordinator is aware and can update schedules.
You earn points several ways:
- Play a match, you automatically get 1 point.
- Each game you win, you get 1 point.
- Each set/match you win, you get 10 points.
Bonus points can be set by challengers when issuing challenges. These will be awarded to winner of challenge match, after taken directly from both opponents.
Each “match” consists of a single 8-game pro set. Regular scoring with ads. Tiebreaks will occur at 7-all.
Both players are to report to the coordinator the time and day they schedule their matches. Matches should preferably be played at the academy and courts reserved through the NWCC court reservation system or by texting the coordinator for open court times. Balls will be provided if matches are played at the academy. However, matches can be played on other free public courts if both parties agree to the location.
When matches are complete, both players should text the final score to the league coordinator who will update the rungs and point totals. Please text final score, opponent and winner’s name.
2021 Challenger Series Standings
- Holden Babb
- Kiah Farrington
- Joseph Harper
- Cooper LeCount
- Devon Kuhn
- Elyse Yoder
- Kaitlin Graber
- Rachael Larson
- Will Long
- Rylee Firestone
- Conner LeCount
- Ashley Larson
- Lucas Brown
Submit A Challenge
Bonus Challenge Rules:
- Players can only issue challenges to players within their own rung. If you’re the top player in your rung, you can also challenge the bottom player in the next highest rung.
- Only junior players can issue bonus challenges, not mentors.
- A maximum of two outstanding bonus challenges can be issued at any given time. Once one of the bonus challenges is played and score submitted, then another bonus challenge can be issued.
- Multiple challenges to the same player is not allowed unless player has also played bonus challenges prior to every other player currently in their current rung.
- You can wager up to 25% of your points on any bonus challenge match. If the player you challenge accepts, you will compete for the regular points PLUS the bonus. The player that wins get the bonus points; the player that loses, the same bonus points will be deducted from their season totals.