We’ve just completed week 2 of our summer challenger series and have seen some great matches. This week there are no challenges sent out by the league coordinator due to IHSAA moratorium (Coach Staley wanted to make sure any high school players had the week off of tennis.)
Check out the standings.
Check out the schedule / match results.
Week 3 mandatory challenges will go out Sunday, July 8, 2018.
We will also open up voluntary weekly challenges beginning that date. Players can now get extra points for playing extra matches the rest of July (from the 9th on)! Here’s how it’s done:
- Players can submit a challenge request using this link: https://www.staleytennis.com/challenge-system/.
- You can only submit challenge requests after you have played your weekly mandatory match, so schedule early in the week. Requests may take up to 24 hours to process.
- Players can accept or decline challenge requests.
- Players can only submit a challenge request to an opponent they have yet to play a challenge request against and within their own rung (or top rung can challenge bottom of next rung up, ie Top player of rung 3 can challenge bottom player of rung 2). If a player has submitted challenges to every player in rung previously, he or she may then repeat the request process through his or her rung again till everyone is challenged once again.
- Bonus points can be wagered in addition to the points scoring system (1 point to play, 1 point for each game won and 10 points for each match/set won). Bonus points are maxed out at 10 per match (or the max points each player has currently accrued. If player accepts a challenge request with 10 points, each player puts 10 points into the point total for the win (winner would get a bonus of 20 points for that match on top of normal points).
More about the Challenger Series can be found at:
Academy players and trainees would want to join our Challenger Series, we will be registering new players until the series has its first player to 50 points! Sign up HERE.