We’re weeks away from completing our 2019 academy and it’s been a wonderful experience. We’ve had the privilege of training a gathering of juniors from all over the state of Indiana. We’ve received overwhelming positive feedback from our players and families and are excited to bring about this opportunity again to the area in 2020.
Based on running the academy for the past two years, we’ve refined our programs and acceptance criteria, made some changes to our offerings and added some really stellar programs to future academy years.
Here is a list of some changes in 2020…
- Limiting enrollment to 16 total junior players between the ages 11-18.
- Expanded single academy season from April 15-October 15.
- Increased offerings of private and semi-private sessions for players, including dedicated sessions on serve checkpoints and serve return.
- Dedicated clinics / classes for academy players on mental toughness, tactical/strategic patterns and plays and tennis specific strength and conditioning.
- Year-round online coaching.
Limited Enrollment To Academy / Added Open Club & Development Programs
As our academy has grown to more than 45 players taking part in various programs, we will only be accepting 16 into each year’s training academy beginning in 2020. The reason for this is to limit the hours on court for our head pro, more time focused on individual academy players, more time expanding our club (tournaments and local match play events) which is open to every player (adults and juniors) without limitation and developing our Junior Pathway Program (10 & under).
Recruitment: Present & Future
Applications will be taken throughout the year beginning 11/1/19 for players interested in training at our academy. Now is the best time to apply for full academy, before our Junior Pathway Program begins. In the future, we will look to draw heavily from our Junior Pathway players to usher into the full academy.
What we are looking for in players…
- Tennis as a main sport or as a specialization
- Competitive: Highly active in UTR and USTA tournaments
- Possible plans/interest in extending tennis career beyond high school
- Coachable, willing to learn and adapt technique as instructed by a professional tennis coach
- Willing to adapt to the academy’s own sports culture and mission to develop highly competitive players
- Sound work ethic, dedicated to sport
- Positive attitude in order to become a representative to the sport and academy
Current players in our academy can submit applications to be considered now. We will open up and begin reviewing public applications on 11/1/19 for new members to join in 2020.